Thursday, December 23, 2010

I don't have a good title for this post. So I deem it "Updates"

Emily found out she can scream. Or screech. Whatever it is, it makes your ears bleed. This kid has some lungs.

I can't believe she is only a few days shy of being 6 months old... My little baby is growing too fast!

I'm so excited that Curt gets to be home Christmas day this year! He worked it last year, and when his crew changed this year he is scheduled to work it again. But, by the grace of God and some awesome crew members, they decided he should be the one to take the day off since he has a new family.

I don't think those guys realize how big that is for me.

Last year, Christmas wasn't the greatest. Curt worked at the fire department. The boys spent Christmas day and the week after with their dad... It was the first time in 3 months they hadn't been with me and the first Christmas I didn't get to spend with Hunter and Ian. The weather was crappy so I couldn't go to Curt's parents or my family's house. I had a hard time driving across town to the station. I spent Christmas 4 months pregnant and all alone.

NOT THIS YEAR!!!

I'm so excited!



Everything else is going okay...

Emily is getting over bronchitis so we don't sleep much... I'm averaging 4 hours of sleep (I'm crabby lately).

The boys are doing great... I'm so happy I can be home with them. They have been trying to test limits lately and see how far they can push me now that I'm here. It is an adjustment.

Curt came home the other day thinking he had pink eye... Turns out he has ulcers again. One wasn't too bad, it healed in a couple days. The other one is on the edge of his cornea and bigger so its taking longer to heal. It has been a struggle. He hates wearing his glasses. (But he is so dang cute in them!) I had to drive him down to Des Moines so we could get him new glasses that day. I ended up getting new ones too and have been trying to wear them more than my contacts, at least until his eyes get better. Hopefully Lasik will be on the agenda for 2011.

Emily is staring at the computer like she is reading it and will start screaming like I typed something wrong. Love her.

Off to try to lure her to dreamyland.

No comments: