Friday, December 25, 2009

Today

Today is Christmas. Merry Christmas to all of you.

I'm sitting at home, the sound of the dishwasher and the oven timer in the background. No pitter patter of little feet. No pitter patter of big feet. Curt is at work. The boys are spending their first Christmas away from me, with their dad. We woke them up super early, 5:30 am to be exact, so Curt could be here to see them open their Santa presents. They loved it. It was bittersweet for me. I loved watching their eyes light up when they opened the gifts. Yet I dreaded the clock ticking closer to drop off time. I managed not to cry yet today, I think I did enough of that last night. They are gone for over a week, so their gifts will all be taken out of the packages, assembled, put away and organized by the time they come back to me.

I could have spent the day with family, but with illness and the typical Iowa weather, and my weird need to be alone if I can't have my 3 guys, I opted to stay home and bake cookies to take up to the station.

I've already been up there once. I'm guessing this next trip won't be the last.

To everyone, have safe holiday, drive carefully and enjoy the time you have with your loved ones.

No comments: