Friday, August 6, 2010

A wedding vs a WEDDING

When I got married the first time I was 17.

My parents had to sign a permission slip in order for me to get married.

I got married in a courthouse, by a judge I knew - I went to elementary school with his son, with 5 people in attendance.

I was 3 1/2 months pregnant, a junior in high school & didn't have the time or money for a bigger wedding.

When I got divorced and Curt and I started talking about a wedding I had the typical giddy "I get to have a giant wedding" thoughts.

I don't know anymore.

I can see walking down the aisle of a church on my dad's arm in a big ballgown dress with a couple hundred of our closest people watching...

I can also see walking down an aisle made of maybe 50 or less of our closest people, in a nature center overlooking a lake and timber... Geese walkin around in the background and all...

I don't know what I want. I don't know if I can make a big wedding happen. I don't know if I can make a little wedding happen. I suck at organization. I suck at planning things. Details aren't really my thing.

I've got 13 months to figure it out.

Craaaaaaap.

3 comments:

hg said...

You'll know it when you see it - be it the location, size or dress. Second weddings are a chance to do things the way you always wanted to - the "forever" wedding as I call it :-)

Good luck, I'm sure it'll all be beautiful

Andrea said...

What she said!

Jessica, Curt, Hunter, Ian and Emily said...

Thanks =)