Friday, September 10, 2010

Living for less

I am vowing to myself that I am going to adapt a more frugal lifestyle.

Trying new money saving tips.

Making your own laundry detergent? Seems like a big money saver to me... Our family of 5 goes through a LOT of laundry. I found a site with a recipe for detergent that for one batch - supplies cost about $5 and does about 50 loads of laundry. One of the large Tide detergents is about $30 and does 96 loads. Even I can do the math on that one.

Making your own dog food? Not so much. For as much as my two dogs eat I'd be forever making dog food.

Using the dryer less. Lights off. Adjusting the thermostat. Drink more water. Making bread instead of buying it. That one is a double bonus... I love the smell of fresh baked bread & love making bread.

I'm loving some of the things I'm coming across! Some - not so much. Get rid of a car? Not feasible. Downsize our house? I don't think so.

Continuing on with this quest!!

No comments: