Sunday, September 19, 2010

Make me better

As I sit here with Emily watching the Hawkeyes vs Arizona game, I listen to Curt gathering up his hunting stuff for the morning. Today was opening day of duck hunting, but he chose to stay with my sick self instead of go out. We spent all day together. Sleeping. Lunch. Just hanging around.

I needed it.

Tomorrow he is going to Minnesota to meet an idol of his. He's going hunting before he leaves and will be back after I'm at work, So I won't get to see him more than about a half hour tomorrow.

Monday he works.

Tuesday I've got my dress fitting and won't see him much.

I'm trying not to be selfish. But I want to be. I don't want him to go tomorrow, but I do. I want him to meet this person. I want him to have fun.

He is working two jobs to make things easier on me. To make things better for our family.

I hate being without him.

I don't want him to go to work. I want him to spend his days with ME.

I don't want to be selfish.

It is hard with the hours we work. When he gets home from being FF and goes to TBE I'm still asleep. When he gets home from TBE, I have to walk out the door to go to work. When I get home, we talk for 10 minutes, then pour ourselves into bed, crash and do it all over again the next day.

I want to be a better person. A better mother. A better wife.

No comments: