Monday, October 19, 2009

And so my weekend begins...

Our schedules aren't like everyone else's. My weekend starts when everyone's week begins, or in the middle of it. Today is the start of a 4 day weekend for me but it is Monday, so we had to get up early and take Hunter to school, 20 miles away. We are home for not even 10 minutes when Curt walks up the stairs. His dad called him. Hunter's school is on lockdown. Not something a mom wants to hear... why on earth would they lock down my baby's school? I did what every self-respecting, concerned mother would do. I called the elementary. Mom's apparently get transferred... straight to the principal. (Can I just say it is REALLY weird talking to the principal as a MOM and not as the student who is trying to talk her way out of detention, suspension or whatever the punishment is that time around!) The principal informed me that the elementary is no longer on lockdown, the settlement school had a threat of a school shooting, so they locked everyone down as a precaution. Apparently all is better now.

Thank goodness. I'm not ready for him to be in school. 5 more years. Then I will let him start. Maybe.

No comments: