Friday, October 22, 2010

Day 4

Day 4-Your parents



Where do I begin? They have been married a lot of years... 33? 34? years... I can't remember.

They are amazing parents. They have always been there for me.

Encouraging me. Supporting me. Spoiling me. (Not every girl gets 'woo woo lights' (as the boys would say) for a wedding gift!!. =)

My Dad (Ken) has been a deputy sheriff since before I was born. Pretty much every night I'd have to make sure he had his vest on, and I used to sit at the big window and watch him take off with his lights going. It took my breath away. It still does. Mothers Day we went to brunch with my family, he was on call and got called to assist my county, watching him take off so fast, the sound of the engine, the lights - it brought back memories and makes my heart race just thinking of it! He and I always hung out when I was younger, fishing, camping, catching worms after it rained... Showing me how to hold the flashlight with my fingers kind of covering it so it didn't scare the worms. I love thinking about all the things we did together & love passing it all along to the boys and soon Emmy. (The one thats approaching soon... Hunter has a loose tooth. Dad always pulled mine out with hanky covered pliers. Gotta go buy some hankies.)

My Mom (Vicky) is my fun-sized mommy. I remember when she was working at a restaurant when I was all of 6 years old and she'd have to take me to work with her before school... She would sit me on top of the ice cream cooler and make me some extra syrupy pancakes. When my dad worked late on the weekends, we'd run to the store, stock up on junk food, pull out the hide-a-bed & pop in a movie. I don't ever remember staying awake until the end of a movie, but I remember cuddling up to her and just being so comfortable and feeling so safe. Then the Nintendo came along. We would sit and have marathons. The woman can kick anyones butt in Mario Kart. She is BRUTAL! But I love it!!

I love my mom and dad!!

1 comment:

Ken and Vicky said...

Love these writings. Keep them coming. Challenge you to Wii Mario Kart........hehehehe